Search This Blog

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Thursday, Another Wonderful Day in the Neighborhood!

(Note: A photographic narrative of Thursday, Another Wonderful Day in the Neighborhood. Enjoy! Hope and pray that you're inspired, with the embedded photos of mine.)

Well, it's Thursday, what can I say but, what a wonderful day, my dear folks and friends! Yeah, it's one of the special days of the week in our subdivision or community. Why? It's garbage pick-up day! (Please, cover or pinch NOT your nose!) That's when that garbage truck roams around each village, making sure that our garbage bin is out by the curve, ready for unloading of its content by the garbage man-collector. Thank you, garbage man-collector, for your service! May God bless you and your family always!

It's so gorgeous outside! The sun is up, shining brightly, glowing and radiating heat to Earth and other planets of the solar system. White cotton-like cumulus clouds, in clusters, are floating above crystal-clear, azure sky. With all the sights and sounds around, and the sweet smell of flowers of shrubs and bushes and trees along the way, there's no doubt in my mind that it's such a beautiful, lovely day we have today! Thank you, good and gracious God, for all your creations! Thank you, Jesus, for saving me and keeping me alive and well!

Yes, my dear folks and friends, I went out today, walking around my neighborhood. I felt so good, breathing cool, fresh air in the open. With excitement and a sense of brotherhood and neighborliness, I met again my fellow "strollers" like smiling Josefa and Gladys, who didn't mind to halt or stop walking for a brief chat with me. Observably, they're regulars as far as physical conditioning/stretching is concerned. Sure enough, they look healthy and strong despite being in their late 60s, I supposed.

As always, I took photos as I continued my stroll. I took pictures of village markers that have well-manicured and maintained gardens. Moreover, I took photographs of what I saw and encountered along the way: trees, lots of them, some with flowers; cars of different colors and sizes and shapes and brand names that are coming and going; fallen dry and withered leaves on the ground, a FedEx delivery truck, walkers with their dog, garbage bins outside by the curbside and side of street, joggers, school signs, a sign that reads All Pets Must Be Kept On Leash, Please Clean Up After Your Pet; the elementary school with that Drug-Free School Zone sign, yellow school buses parked on designated parking lot, lots of cars parked in front of the elementary school, speed limit 35 signs posted on designated places, long, run about road, a man-made pond or lake with No Trespassing and No Fishing signs, a house by the corner with For Sale sign in front, a Chinese woman in a bicycle with her leashed dog running after/beside her, a view of the James River with the Monitor-Merrimac Bridge-Tunnel from a distance, bushes with flowers, a motorcycle man that sped up quickly from my back, a man in shorts and white T-shirt painting his wooden fence, a park bench that's placed at the cubside, in front of a white house, Stop signs at crossroads, a U-Haul truck, the back side of the school, the school playground, an ornamental plant/shrub with big, heart-shaped leaves that are so green, and my driveway with our cars, and our house, as I completed my walking exercise this morning. Overall, it was good and satisfying, notwithstanding a left hip of mine that's sore and giving me a little discomfort.

You know, we'll never know what to expect and encounter and experience once we're out there walking, or jogging, doing simple physical conditioning. That's true. Weather and body condition permitting, there are unexpected benefits and rewards of being outside, away from our houses, even for thirty minutes to an hour or two. (Ask an ordinary man, like me, and he'll try to enumerate and explain to you.) This holds true especially when the weather is perfectly pleasant, not too hot not too cold, just mild and sunny, though a little bit breezy. Well, whether we like it or not, summer is almost out of our radar and we're ready, I believe, to welcome Autumn or Fall. It's obvious Fall is here sooner, and summer is gone. Yes, Virginia, it's been back to school for students and teachers and all school staff-personnel and support group. Since after Labor Day (September 3rd, 2012), that is! As the song goes, "I see you in September, when summer is gone..."




















Well, this is all for now, my dear folks and friends. Until next time around. Take care and have a wonderful, beautiful day, everyone! Remember: "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not into thy own understanding. In all thy ways, acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy path."(Proverbs 3:5-6)- May our Almighty God bless us all, always!-chris a. quilpa, 13September2012

No comments:

Post a Comment